Congratulations, Kuya Daniel Razon!
For setting a good example in the field of media and anchoring UNTV‘s broadcast programs to respond to the needs of the less privileged Filipinos, Kuya Daniel was honored with a Special Citation award in the UmalohokJuan Awards 2016 of the Lyceum of the Philippines.
Having won Game 1 and high hopes to get their first UNTV Cup championship trophy, the PNP Responders are now seeing a slimmer chance after the AFP Cavaliers took over Game 2 last March 7. AFP upset the policemen with a 5-point lead, 71-66.
This is the second time the army and police troops go head to head in UNTV Cup finals. In Season 2, the AFP gave the Responders their second silver in the league. Will PNP resolve their being “always a bride’s maid but never a bride” this Season 4?
Game 3 of the Best of 3 series is set on Monday, March 14 at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.
UNTV-BMPI Chairman and CEO Daniel Razon, however, expressed his confidence to the two teams that “whoever will win or become the champion, it’s still the desire to help their beneficiaries that every player has in his heart.”
UNTV Cup 4: The Grandest Public Service Showdown
UNTV Cup Season 4 does not only showcase the grand showdown between the PNP and AFP powerhouses but also the grandest public service of the league. A total of 8 million pesos is at stake for the teams and their selected beneficiaries.
UNTV Cup, launched through UNTV in 2013, was conceptualized by Mr. Public Service Kuya Daniel mainly to promote good health and camaraderie among public servants while being able to help those in need.
Twelve teams participated this season. MMDA Blackwolves landed 3rd place with 1M pesos winning prize. P800,000 will go to their chosen beneficiaries, Philippine General Hospital-Neo Natal Intensive Care Unit, Philippine Cerebral Palsy Inc., and Damayan Fund through the MMDA Provident Fund. The team will get 200,000 pesos.
NHA Builders won 4th place. NHA Provident Fund Association Inc. will be given 400,000 pesos and 100,000 pesos for the team.
Beneficiaries of the non-winning teams received 100,000 pesos each.
Season 4 champ will bring home 4M pesos while the second placer will get 2M pesos. #
(Contributed by Hazel Chavez-David)
“This night is not just a simple awards night. This night is also a night of giving and a night of lending our hand to the needy.”
Philippines’ Mr. Public Service Kuya Daniel Razon once again led a charitable work in partnership with Wish FM 107.5 in the first Wish Music Awards held January 26, 2016 at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.
Six different beneficiaries chosen by the winners of the major award categories were granted a total of P1.1M.
World Vision, Darren Espanto’s selected beneficiary, received P400,000 as the total teen performer bagged four major awards – Best WISHclusive Performance by a Young Artist for Chandelier, Wish Ballad Song of the Year for I Believe In Me, Wish Original Song of the Year for Stuck, and Wish Young Artist of the Year.
5th Gen paved the way to their handpicked beneficiary Divine Mercy Center of Music and Arts Therapy in bringing home P100,000 for winning the Best WISHclusive Performance by a Group category for the single Contagious.
Jason Dy’s beneficiary Food for the Hungry Philippines was granted P300,000. Dy was awarded Wish Urban Song of the Year for Milagro, Best WISHclusive Performance by a Male Artist for the mash up song Stay With Me/ See You Again and Wish Male Artist of the Year.
Another P100,000 were given to I Fight Against Human Trafficking, the chosen charitable organization of Yeng Constantino. The pop-rock singer-songwriter won the Best WISHclusive Performance by a Female Artist award for the song Ikaw.
Wish Alternative Song of the Year was awarded to Sponge Cola’s hit single Move On. Sponge Cola’s chosen beneficiary, Child Haus, received P100,000.
Lastly, Morissette Amon’s recipient, Home for the Angels, Sta. Ana Manila was granted P100, 000 for winning the WISH Female Artist of the Year.
Kuya Daniel inspirited the spectators and Wish FM team as he delivered his speech.
“We wish for it (Wish 107.5) to be one that espouses an advocacy, bringing hope and positivity to the listeners by engraving to their minds the great feeling of performing acts of random kindness,” the veteran broadcaster spoke his intent for the FM station.
He also mentioned Wish FM’s upcoming projects that listeners and supporters should look forward to including the monthly granting of wishes and the Wisher’s Grand Eyeball. #
(Contributed by: Jelynne de Ocampo)
Quezon City – Philippines’ Mr. Public Service Kuya Daniel Razon launched through UNTV Rescue the country’s first-ever Emergency Race, a rescue competition where participating rescue groups will showcase their best skills in rescuing.
The goal of the race according to Kuya Daniel is “to expand our network and the scope of our capabilities so we could reach more people.”
Watch the full news from UNTV News:
For thirty two years, he’s been an elder brother to many, always lending his ears to ailing hearts and gives his arms to help those who are burdened.
November 28, 2015 marks Kuya Daniel Razon’s 32nd year of service to God and humanity and here are just a few of the many people who would like to greet him on his special day.
1) “Kuya Daniel, isa po sa ipinagpapasalamat ko sa Dios dahil nagkaroon kami ng Kuya hindi sa laman kundi sa pananampalataya, isang tao na tunay na nagmamalasakit sa amin, pagmamalasakit na mula sa budhing malinis… sa inyo pong ika-32 taong kaarawan sa Espiritu, hiling namin sa Dios na sana ay bigyan pa po kayo ng dunong at kalakasan upang maipaglingkod sa amin at sa buong mundo. Ingatan nawa po kayong palagi ng Panginoon sa lahat ng inyong mga paggawa. Salamat po sa Dios sa isang “kuya” na katulad nyo!” – Bro. Noel Diaz of Cavite
2) “Salamat po sa Dios sa pagsapit na muli ng Ika-32 na kaarawan. Dalangin ko po na lagi kang ingatan ng Dios. Saan ka man magpunta. Salamat po sa Dios dahil binigay kayo sa amin. Upang maituwid ang aming mga paglakad at mga paggawa. Sana po kayo maratnang buhay kayo kapwa na umaakay sa amin. Salamat po sa Dios sa pagkakataonng makabati. Patawad po pasensya na po sa napakaraming sablay sa paglilingkod. At sa awa at tulong ng Dios ay nagpipilit po akong magpatuloy.” – Bro. Ace Espos of Doha, Qatar
3) “Happy 32nd Sabbath Day, Kuya! I thank God for adding another year to your life in His fold. I pray that you get all your heart’s desire. We are so grateful to have someone like you and Brother Eli. May God bless you always. To God be the Glory!” – Sis. Beth Cabañero of Apalit, Pampanga
4) “Filipinos should be proud that we have someone like Kuya Daniel, the real Mr. Public Servant, on or off-cam. We brethren in Hongkong are living witness on how humble Bro.Daniel is… I thank God for his 32 years in service to The Almighty and humanity, and will be more thankful if God will give my kids a chance to witness more of his good deeds! Happy birthday Kuya!” – Bro. Dennis Favila and family, from New Territories, Hong Kong
5) “Hello po Kuya Daniel, Happy Sabbath Day po, nagpapasalamat po ako sa Dios dahil nagkaroon na naman po kayo ng panibagong taon para lalo pang makapaglingkod sa Dios at makatulong pa sa mga taong nangangailangan. Nagpapasalamat din po ako dahil naging inspirasyon ko po kayo sa larangan ng photography at sa marami pa pong bagay, sana ay bigyan pa po kayo ng lakas at talino para lalo pang makapagpatuloy sa paggawa ng mabuti, Samahan at Ingatan nawa po kayo ng Panginoon palagi ni Bro. Eli, mahal po namin kayo sa tunay na kahulugan nito. I love you Kuya!” – Bro. Webster Moldez of Laguna
6) “You never cease to show your love and care not just to the ones dear to you but to all. You never cease to show good examples in everything that you do. You never get tired of helping and reaching out to those who are in need not just materially but spiritually. You are indeed a dear Kuya not just by the word itself but most of all a Kuya in Christ. Happy Happy 32nd year in service to God and humanity to you our very dear Kuya Daniel!!! May God bless you a thousand fold because of your generosity, your kindness and your big heart. God bless your family and loved ones too.” – Sis. Cynthia Brul of Limerick, Ireland
7) “Aka po ay buong pusong bumabati ng happy happy 32nd Sabbath day Kapatid na Daniel, biyaya po kayo na masasabi ko na galing sa Dios. Kayo po ng Kapatid na Eli. Ingatan ka nawa ng Panginoon at pagpalain ka, kalakip ang buo mong sangbahayan. Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!” – Sis. Abby of Alquoz, Dubai
8) “Dear Kuya Daniel, I remember vividly the first time we saw you in person at Munoz in 1998. You were donning a black jersey as you were with the QUAT, one of the many groups you had established for the welfare of the brethren. Thanks be to God for we feel His love through you and Bro. Eli, in your efforts to take care of each and every one of our souls with God’s help and mercy. Your dedication to public service and excellence as a broadcaster is truly an inspiration to us as well; that we must work hard not for our own but for God’s glory. Happy Happy 32nd year of service to God Kuya!!! May God bless you with many more!” – Sis. Shy Reyes of Toronto, Canada
9) “Thanks for always being a thoughtful Kuya to us. Your strength inspires people, your kindness motivates many, your care encourages everyone and your faith enlightens all. You are always a good example to strengthen our hearts and minds to become a better person in the eyes of God and to the other people. Wishing you everything good coming from the Lord to continue your service to Him and to humanity. Happy 32 Years of fruitful service Kuya Daniel Razon!” – Sis. Joyce Raggio of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
10) “Happy 32nd year of service to God Kuya Daniel! Nagpapasalamat ako sa Dios sa pagkakaloob sa amin ng isang tapat, matulungin at mapagmahal na tagaakay. Salamat sa Dios sa pagiingat Niya sa inyo ni Kapatid na Eli at sa inyong sambahayan at sa mga aral na ibinabahagi nyo sa amin. Your deep advocacy to help other people teaches me to have mercy and drives me to do the same. I hope God will always guide you in all your good works and services. We will support you all the way. Thanks be to God. To God be the Glory forever!” – Sis. Iris Chiara R. Gosgolan of Antipolo, Rizal
11) “Maligayang pagbati po Kuya Daniel Razon. Salamat po sa Dios sa muling pagsapit ng inyong kaarawan sa espiritu, sa tapat na paglilingkod sa Dios at sa 32 years na pag-iingat Niya sa iyo. Ingatan at samahan nawa po kayong palagi ng Panginoon ganun din po kay Bro. Eli. Maraming salamat sa Dios at sa Panginoong Hesus. To God be the glory!” – Sis. Amor of Tunasan, Muntinlupa
12) “Hi Kuya Daniel! Thank God for another year that He has given to you. Thanks be to God because He gave us you and Brother Eli, for always prioritizing other people’s comfort and still has so much love to give. I do believe that Superman does exist, because “Dr. Clark” exists. Happy Sabbath Day, Kuya.” – Apet from Tondo, Manila
13) “Happy 32nd year of service po Kuya! Thanks be to God for giving you another year to serve God and people. Thanks be to God for taking good care of you and your family. Hope to see you in person po God willing. Love you. Kuya!” – Sis. Tim Guimbaolibot of Valenzuela City
14) “Hi Kuyaaaa! No words can express how grateful I am, for having you and Bro. Eli as our leaders inside the true church. Share ko lang yung moment ko with Kuya doon sa Singapore, iba talaga kapag nasa harap mo si Kuya na nagpapaksa, talagang madadama mo napaka down-to-earth. Yung uuwi na sila ng Pinas, inabangan namin sila sa airport, habang naglalakad sa airport napansin ko yung mga tao na nakatingin nun, na sa isip isip ko eh, mangangaral namin yan! Parang ang sarap isigaw sa buong mundo. Anyway, thanks be to God exceedingly! I’m so speechless. Naiiyak lang ako kapag inaalala ko yung mga moments ko with Kuya. We are Blessed. We love you Kuya and Ingkong!” – Sis. Kathleen Claire Saquilayan of Pateros, Manila
15) “I thank God for having the opportunity to see and be with Kuya Daniel the last time he visited the US. The experience gave me a front-row view, of how big his heart is for all of us. Each words that I heard from him, every action that I saw from him during the entire visit, even the smallest ones, was an added priceless wisdom to me and with God’s help gives me inspiration as I perform my duties inside the Church. I will forever cherish and be grateful to God for sending all of us, loving and true overall servants in Kuya Daniel and Bro Eli. Thanks be to God.” – Bro. Sonny Cos Jr. of New York City, USA
16) “Salamat sa Dios Kuya isa po kayo sa mga tao na nagsilbing Advisor ko in times na napanghihinaan ako thru your teaching from the Bible muling lumalakas ang kalooban ko at nagiging positve ang outlook ko sa buhay. Happy 32nd “Birthday” Kuya Daniel. Ingatan nawa po kayo ng Dios. Salamat sa Dios.” – Bro. Joseph Luzong of San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan
17) “Malipayong ika 32 nga tuig sa pag alagad ug pagserbisyo Kuya Daniel Razon. Gikan sa among kasingkasing, nanghinaut kami nga padayon kang ampingan ug ang imong mg minahal sa kinabuhi sa atong Langitnong Amahan. Gimahal ka namo sa kanunay.” – Bro. James Vercide & Family of Lapu-lapu, City Cebu
18) “Some time April of 2015, I was standing at the Bellagio Casino Elevators which is where I work, when you directly approached me to inquire for directions to the buffet. I was overwhelmed with interminable exhilaration as if I met an out of this world prominent personality in Hollywood, a celebrity – I was starstruck. And what made the feeling so intense and touching was because, just the night before I saw you at the guest elevator entrance, I was already contemplating on how to get near you on the scheduled concert after the live thanksgiving broadcast from Palace Station Hotel scheduled on the next day, here in Las Vegas. The thought of it actually depressed me that night. I was so sure that I won’t even get the chance to have a picture taken with you. But on that morning of April 2015, it defied all the impossibilities and my thoughts proved me wrong. We had our picture taken by Sis. Arlene and you took out your cellphone and asked me to have a selfie with you and Sis. Arlene. I remember it as my best experience at work. I have always told this story to every brethren I know and have posted this incident on Facebook and told them how down to earth you really are. Happy 32nd Sabbath Day Bro. Daniel. We love you and thanks be to GOD for taking care of you. To God be the glory.” – Bro. Bong Masakayan of Las Vegas, Nevada USA
19) “Hi Kuya Daniel, I just want you to know that we love you so much. And if there’s one good reason to thank God for everything, it is the day that we learn and understand the true words and wisdom of God. I thank GOD for sending you here and giving us such caring and loving preachers. Thanks be to God for your 32 long years of service to humanity. May GOD guide you in every step you take.” – Sis. Marichrys Sese of Las Piñas City
20) “Happy 32nd years of service to God kuya Daniel! Salamat sa Dios dahil di ka lang naging kapatid at kuya namin kundi naging isang kaibigan narin. Salamat sa Dios sa lahat ng support nyo at ni Bro. Eli sa family namin kahit kami pa nag nakakapagbigay ng alalahanin sa inyo. May the Lord God bless and keep you safe always kuyaaaaa!!!” – Bro. Eduard Marinduque of Tondo, Manila
21) “Happy Sabbath Day Kuya. Salamat sa Dios at nakilala kita/ka namin. Yung mga tinuturo mo po samin, sinisikap namin magawa sa awa’t tulong ng Dios. Dagdagan pa sana ng Dios ang iyong lakas at maiiwas ka po sana sa mabibigat na karamdaman.” – Sis. Joiye Valderoso and family of Antipolo, Rizal
22) “Sana po ay huwag na huwag po kayong magsasawa Bro. Daniel, dahil sa mga kawanggawa po ninyo ay maraming kababayan po natin ang hindi nawawalan ng pag-asa na mabuhay kahit mahirap. Kailangan po ng Pilipinas ng mga kagaya niyo ni Bro. Eli na nagsisilbi sa kapwa kahit hindi politico. Mga tunay na lalakeng hindi naghihintay ng kapalit o papuri. Happy 32nd anniversary of service to God and mankind. I love you Kuya.” – Bro. Michael Bagang of Melbourne, Australia
23) “Brother Daniel Razon: epitome of leadership by example, innovative public service and charity, and broadcasting integrity. I may not have shaken his hand nor speak to him up close but in my heart he is one of my parents in the Lord and his work is integral to the core dynamics of the Members Church of God International. May God continue to give him the strength and wisdom as well as resources to help Brother Eli Soriano, our Overall Servant in the ministry. To Brother Daniel S. Razon, Happy 32 years of service to God and humanity!” – Sis. Ellen May of Taguig City
24) “Maligayang Kaarawan po kay Cristo, Kuya Daniel, Hiling ko po sa Panginoon na palagi nya kayong ingatan at samahan saan man po kayo dalhin ng iyong mga tungkulin, nawa’y ang kapayapaan ng Panginoon ay sumaiyo palagi… salamat po sa Dios sa isang katulad nyo.” – Bro. Gener Ramos of Novaliches, Quezon City
25) “Brother Daniel Kuya to all of us
Timothy to our beloved Brother Eli
Both of you fit to a T
like a key and a keyhole
My wish to our God and our Lord Jesus Christ
That They grant you good health
Let you stay in our midst
together with Brother Eli
Happy 32nd year of service to God and His people.” – Brother Julius Estraza of Almanza, South District of Metro Manila
26) “Hello po Kuya Daniel, mahal ko po kayo. Wala po kayo katulad pagdating sa pagmamahal at paglingap sa buong pagkakapatiran. Nasa likod mo po kami at handa po kami sumuporta sa lahat ng inyong mga projects. Binabati po kita ng Happy 32nd Sabbath Day po Kuya Daniel!” – Bro. Roverick Josef of SF Bay Area, USA
27) “Binabati ko po ang Kapatid na Daniel sa ika tatlumpo’t dalawang taon ng paglilingkod sa Dios at sa buong kapatiran, proud na proud po ako sa inyo ni Kapatid na Eli. Salamat po sa Dios at nakilala po namin kayo.” – Bro. Arthur Susarno of Taguig City
28) “Sa aming Kuya Daniel, Happy 32nd Sabbath Day po! Salamat po sa Dios sa pagsapit po muli ng inyo pong kaarawan, at sa palagi Niya pong pag-iingat sa inyo ni Kapatid na Eli at sa inyong sambahayan. Salamat po sa Dios nandiyan po kayo para maging inspirasyon namin upang kami po ay makapagpatuloy sa buhay sa kabila po ng mga hirap at mga pagsubok na aming nararanasan sa awa’t tulong ng Dios. Sana’y patuloy po kayong ingatan at samahan ng Dios sa lahat ninyong paggawa. Dalangin po namin sa Dios ang pinakamabuti para sa inyo, Salamat po sa Dios sa lahat.” – Sis. Monica Macatangay and Family of Tanauan City, Batangas
29) “To Kuya Daniel, happy 32nd year of Service To God! How fortunate we are for having a Kuya like you in this world… thanks be to God for your existence! More power and may God bless you!” Hi! – Sis. Filipina Evidor of Kuwait City
30) “He is a blessing to us. One of a kind. He’s the best Kuya, jack of all trades. He knows stuff a la McGyver, like Superman. Thanks be to God for a God-fearing leader.
Mr. Public Service, humanity needs you.” – Bro. Cristeto Gutas of Dubai, UAE
31) “Maligayang kaarawan po Bro. Daniel. Nawa’y ingatan po kayo ng may kapal. Binabati ko po kayo sa mga matagumpay na proyektong nakakatulong sa maraming tao. Samahan nawa kayo. Mahal po namin kayo.” – Bro. Luisito Borja of Tatalon, Quezon City
32) “Happy 32nd anniversary of service to God and humanity Kuya Daniel. Our only and always hope that God will always Guide you in all your endeavors. Thanks be to God for always keeping you and your family safe.” – Sis. Mariah Charisse Lopez of Cavite
Samaritan Effort to Help The Needy
Kuya Daniel continue to be loved by many because of his genuine heart. Most of his charitable work extends to many organizations in fulfilling their mutual aspiration to help the poor people on their needs.
In the recently held “In the Eyes of a Child” charity concert at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum, Kuya Daniel gave P100,000 to some of the child advocacy groups in the Philippines, working together toward the common goal of nurturing and safeguarding indigent children who are poverty’s innocent victims.
The following beneficiaries are: Kanlungan sa Er-Ma Ministry Inc. (KSEM), Inocencio Magtoto Memorial Foundation Inc. (MMFI), Cancer Warriors Foundation Inc (CWFI), Persons with Disabilities Federation of San Mateo Rizal, Handicapped Center Lourdes Inc, Rizal High School (RHS), Manila Boystown Complex, Norphil Foundation, and Families and Children for Empowerment and Development (FCED) Foundation Inc./Children of Prisoners.
He also helped the parents of Baby Sybyl Shynn Mabulay for their daughter’s liver transplant operation and medication.
Despite the ever-increasing difficulties and hardships in life, Kuya Daniel said during the concert that if we look around us and see God’s creation, we will realize that God has given us a wonderful world.